13 Jul 2001
Got something you want us to answer next week? Send it to email@example.com.
I was looking at the mailbag and noticed two things:
1. The last mailbag is from Dec 21 2000. We want more! We = TMK fans
2. Megaß¥yte's name would be prounced Mega-ss-yen-teh. ß = german for two "s",
and ¥ = japanese currency symbol, called "Yen".
David Dayton: The last mailbag is from Dec. 21st, eh? Tell that to Mr.
Mr. Face: Mr. Face say YOU WRONG!
I must get a super mario rpg where can I get it? And if the aswer is pete's
pawn shop what's there phone number?
p.s. now that I'm done with that if you ever see a letter from super
dinosaur yoshi ( his old japanise name) thats me.
David Dayton: Try eBay. I lost my original copy, and got a replacement
just $15.00 that way.
David Dayton: If I read your question correctly (and that's a challenge
in itself), I believe you are asking if Bowser and Ganon will be more difficult
to defeat in future games. I would have to say... maybe. I think future Zelda
games will get tougher (as they will most likely not be developed by
Miyamoto), but future Mario games will stay at around the same level of
P.S. -- I agree.
I found another Mario reference in Monolith Studio's really-rather-sticky
Duke3d engine-powered game, BLOOD. There's a commentator (of sorts) in the
Deathmatches, called 'The Voice". He basically comments on each kill with
comments like "HAMBURGERED!". Now, one of his remarks is kinda hard to make
out. It's either "Go play Mario!" or "Don't play Mario!", which I think
would probably play if you fell to your death. If ya want, I'll convert
the sound from RAW to a wave, and send it to ya. Oh, and yep. MARIO is a
level select cheat. I haven't tried LUIGI tho.
David Dayton: Send it in! Sounds interesting.
Dear mailbag answerers,
I am creating my own mario website, though I'm sure it will never compeate
with yours. How do you get the images from games and the screen shots onto
David Dayton: Try Silly Putty. It works wonders.
My overall favorite Nintendo character is Luigi. My least favorite
Nintendo character is Yoshi. My brother's favorite Nintendo character
is Samus Aran. Shigeru Miyamoto created Luigi, and Shigefumi Hino
created Yoshi. Here are some questions:
1. Is Luigi more popular than Yoshi?
2. Did Luigi star in more games than Yoshi?
3. Can Luigi beat Yoshi in ...?
a. Super Mario Kart
b. Mario Kart 64
c. Super Smash Bros.
d. Mario Golf
e. Mario Tennis
4. Did Luigi make more cameos than Yoshi?
5. What is Luigi's relationship with Yoshi?
6. What are the driving ability comparisons between Luigi and Yoshi?
7. How many games did Yoshi star in with Luigi?
8. Which games did Luigi have a cameo in?
9. Which games did Yoshi have a cameo in? Two of them are Zelda games.
Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story look juvenile. I love the game Mario
Bros. Luigi's Mansion is going to be the greatest. In 2004, Yoshi
should be on vacation while Luigi, Waluigi, and Daisy will be busy
taking over the Nintendo stardom. Therefore, Yoshi should not star in a
game during that year. The Nintendo games to be released in 2004 will
be mostly games starring Luigi having Mario, Wario, or Waluigi as
-Richard W. Hill
David Dayton: Sigh. Huge letter. I like Luigi, though, so I will answer
1. If everyone thinks like me, yes.
2. If by star you mean "appeared", then yes. If by star you mean "the main
character", then no.
3. If I was Luigi and you were Yoshi, Luigi would beat Yoshi easily in all of
4. Luigi has had one cameo in Ocarina of Time, as did several other Mario
characters; he also did
in Link's Awakening. Otherwise, I can't think of a single Luigi cameo.
5. The same as Mario's.
6. Yoshi is faster than Luigi in both the SNES and N64 Mario Kart games, but
Luigi handles better.
7. Er... lemme think... Super Mario World... Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
all the Mario Kart and Mario sports/party games...er...um... next
8. See answer 4.
9. If you know of them, why ask me?
So... Yoshi's Island looks juvenile? Excuse me for a moment whilst everyone
else in the gaming
universe points at you and laughs.
I have a question that's sort of Mario related...
In Super Smash Brothers, you know how there are cameos
in the backgrounds of the levels during VS. and 1
palyer modes. I was wondering if you knew how to
trigger the cameos? The first day I had Smash Bros,
some friends and I were playing in Saffron City. I
have to pause the game for some reason and when I do,
Articuno is behind my character (Mario, I believe). I
have not seen Articuno again since then, and I've also
seen the cameos of other characters everywhere else.
Anyway, thanks for your time.
David Dayton: They happen randomly. No way to force them to happen....
although I did
hear that making Mew appear out of a PokeBall was somehow triggered by the
number of games